Thursday, September 17, 2009

Newest Movie Review


So ever since I've moved back home I have had a lot more free time than usual. I am trying to find a job but deep down inside I have no desire to work for awhile. I would love to just do my own thing and still somehow have the money...haha but that's not how my life works.

Anywho, I was cleaning my room and organizing everything. I don't have a dvd player at the moment but the VHS on my tv works. I went downstairs to the basement and took a look at my parent's small collection which mainly consists of Disney and children movies. I randomly decided to go with a movie I haven't watched since I was a little girl, A Little Princess. This movie flooded back so many memories of Chocolate and me watching this and pretending to be the girls in the movie. It also reminded me of my parents, espicially my dad and for them always calling me their little princess.

This movie although had some cheesy moments, was really touching. It had some very strong messages and themes that I didn't really think about when I was a little girl. The heroine in the movie is Sarah, a girl who lived in wealth with her father then it all got taken away from her. One thing that never changed about her was how selfless she was. She was never spoiled and gave whatever she could to those in need. She was extremely loving and made all those who knew her feel special.

Another theme that completely touched me was that you are never too old to believe in magic. That magic only is real when you believe in it. Like believing that your toys come to life when you leave the room or that you can be the richest person in the world if you believe you are. I loved how her character sees the beauty in everything. That every moment of her life she never took for granted and cherished all she could. She never stopped fighting for what she believed was right. This movie truly is a classic for me and will be one that I will show my daughter(s) some day.

No comments: